EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS CHECKLIST 101
Do you want to be more set in case of an emergency, but not sure where to begin or if you are doing everything right? Or are you concerned about what aspects you need to cover when it comes to emergency preparedness?
Let's put all your worries to rest! This emergency preparedness checklist covers everything you must consider and guides you through the basics with sensible, expert-vindicated advice. When you're through this fully, you'll be prepared to handle the majority of situations that may arise.
You aren't the only one who has encountered and is concerned about emergency preparedness. Millions of smart, ultramodern folk people from all walks of life are taking emergency preparedness seriously, and the movement is expanding as people realize that in the changing world, they cannot be sure of others helping them.
What is Emergency Preparedness?
The word refers to the precautions you take before, during, and after an emergency or natural disaster to ensure your safety. Preparedness is not something to be focused on only a few times a year to meet accreditation standards. It is a constant mindset that we need to practice. The objective of emergency preparation is to minimize the potential of major life disturbances and to recover quickly when they strike.
Whether you're concerned about an unforeseen layoff, natural disasters like floods, earthquakes or landslides, house invasions, vehicle accidents, a week without electricity, nuclear disaster, war, or long-term economic and societal collapse, it's vital that you begin preparing now.
What are the fundamentals to consider in Emergency Preparedness?
During an emergency, electricity, water, heat, air conditioning, or phone service may be out of commission. Therefore, it is mandatory to follow and catch up on every corner of your emergency preparedness plan and to come up with the best kit that you can have to face any situation. For you and your family to survive in the event of an emergency, you should keep some basic supplies on hand. The emergency supply kit should be well-stocked with enough food, water, drugs, and other consumables to last at least 10 to 12 days.
The fundamentals of preparation are as follows:
- Build a strong financial and healthy foundation for yourself.
- Prepare the necessary items for at least two weeks of self-sufficiency.
- Being able to flee your home at a moment's notice. ("Bug out bags")
- Prepare for unexpected events when you are not at home. ("Get home baggage" and every day carry)
- Learning the basic first aid practices to carry out in case of an emergency.
- Continue to learn and go beyond the basics while sharing and recruiting in case of an emergency.
- Learn the fundamentals of keeping safe and put them into practice using your gear.
The Ultimate Emergency Preparedness Checklist
- Water (one gallon per person per day, for several days -j for drinking and sanitation).
- Food (at least a several-day supply of non-perishable food - food that requires no refrigeration, cooking, or little water).
- Manual can opener.
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items.
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio and a Weather Radio with tone alert.
- First aid kit.
- Prescription medications you take every day such as insulin, heart medicine, and asthma inhalers.
- Extra batteries.
- Heating and cooling items.
- Local maps
- Whistle (to signal for help).
- Multi-purpose tool.
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags, and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Wrench or pliers (to turn off utilities)
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
- Infant formula and diapers.
- Pet food and extra water for your pet.
- Complete change of clothing, extra clothing, hat, and sturdy shoes.
- Important family documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification, and bank account records in a waterproof, portable container.
- Cash or traveler's checks and change.
- Fire extinguisher.
- Mess kits, paper cups, plates, plastic utensils, and paper towels.
- Entertainment item for children to relieve stress.
- Rain gear, towels, and work gloves.
- Tools and supplies.
Once you prepare the emergency kit it is important to maintain and keep the items up-to-date to avoid expiration.
What is ETA and how does it help you with your emergency preparedness checklist?
Due to the unavailability of a water purifier that could be trusted in its capacity to create Extreme Filtration, especially in a crisis or emergency, ETA was developed as a breakthrough. The "ETA Alkalizing Portable Water Filter Bottle" is equipped with the latest IAMF (Ionic Adsorption Micro Filtration) technology, which triggers the filtration process using a simple but innovative sip and squeeze mechanism.
The Extreme Filtration capacity of ETA leads to the removal of all 4 water contamination areas including chemical, dissolved slides, aesthetic and radiological elements that ultimately provide instant alkaline water up to a pH of 9.5 which lasts up to 30 days.
With ETA’s special ability in Extreme Filtration, one of the most concerning and most required elements of your checklist, which is storing enough water, is going to be eased. With this portable water filter bottle, staying hydrated during emergencies becomes way easier than storing gallons of water, because this can filter out any contaminated water and turn it into pure and safe to consume water. And at the same time, if your drinking water system is harmed and contaminated due to a disaster, you are still safe with ETA as it removes up to 99.99% of even the radiological elements with its Extreme Filtration capacity.
On the other hand, though we all know it is very important to be prepared for an emergency, preparing might be intimidating. To make matters worse, there are a lot of insanely loud minority items out there that pollute reasonable readiness with extremism, hazardous information, or meaningless internet discussions. But if you pay a closer look at every item you will find the best and the absolute necessary ones out of all. All you have to do is find the most tested and trusted product to function as per your needs.
Emergency Preparedness is a never-ending topic; it's a never-ending lifestyle. If you are not prepared, you will never be. Start preparing your emergency preparedness kit today, be prepared for any emergency, and set yourself with the most essential and trusted items in your checklist to keep you and your family safe. Remember to have your focus on “Buy what’s saving, not just selling”.